Located in Woburn, Mass., Supportive Living’s Warren House offers apartment-style, home-like living environments for brain injury survivors. Along with providing independent living accommodations, residents also receive personal, customized support services.
Warren House features:
- Five two-bedroom apartments, shared by two individuals (each with his or her own bathroom)
- Six one-bedroom apartments
- Barrier-free living space including a full kitchen, living room and bathroom
- Common areas including an outdoor patio
Supportive Living offers supportive housing and professional care services to survivors of brain injury at McLaughlin House, which is located in North Reading, Mass. With a home-like atmosphere and individualized support services, McLaughlin House provides survivors with supportive yet independent-living accommodations.
McLaughlin House features:
- Eight barrier-free units, consisting of a private bedroom and bathroom
- Common kitchen, dining room, family room and activity spaces
- Common areas including an outdoor patio, large lawn and front porch
Located in downtown, historic Lexington Mass., Douglas House’s central location is convenient to public transportation and provides residents with easy access to all the amenities of an active town center.
Douglas House features:
- 15 studio-style units with private baths
- Common areas include parlor, dining room, kitchen, TV room, an outdoor patio and deck.
In addition, Supportive Living accepts private payment for three of Douglas House’s units.
In 2009, the town of Lexington received the Community Preservation Award for its renovation of Douglas House.
Old Farm Rockport
Old Farm Rockport (OFR) is a new independent affordable housing facility for survivors of brain injury and cognitive/neurological disorders.
Located in Rockport, Massachusetts, OFR is a renovation of the Old Farm Inn at Halibut Point.
Old Farm Rockport features:
- Four accessible bedrooms in the main building, Norwood House
- Two accessible bedrooms in the adjacent building, Murphy House
- Both buildings have a completely separate one-bedroom apartment on the second floor for residents without mobility limitations
- Common areas include an open kitchen, TV room, an outdoor patio and deck.
Located in Rockport, Massachusetts, OFR is a renovation of the Old Farm Inn at Halibut Point. OFR’s main building, Norwood House, has four accessible bedrooms offering a home-like environment on the main floor. The adjacent building, Murphy House, has two accessible studio apartments on the main floor. Both buildings have a completely separate one-bedroom apartment on the second floor.
The property was transformed in a collaborative effort led by Old Farm Rockport, a non-profit organization formed by a group of North Shore families and friends of individuals who have been touched by the catastrophic effects of a brain injury. In addition to Old Farm Rockport, Supportive Living, an award-winning developer of independent housing for brain injury survivors, and Advocates, Inc., a provider of health care services for adults with multiple disabilities, provided their unique abilities in this effort.
Take a stroll through our Old Farm Rockport gardens photo album