We are now accepting applications for the Summer and Fall 2023 Internship programs. Program dates:
- Summer: 5/30/2023 – 8/11/2023
- Fall: 9/11/2023 – 12/8/2023
Intern Role: Assist with delivering a physical fitness program designed to improve the quality of life of survivors of acquired brain injury (ABI).
STUDENTS CAN APPLY FOR ONE OR MULTIPLE OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- SLI Neuro-Wellness Center, 7 Oakland St., Lexington, MA
- Monday through Friday (minimum of 2 days/week), 11:30am-4:15pm
- SLI McLaughlin House Residence, 333 Park St, North Reading, MA
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Lynch/van Otterloo YMCA, 46 Legs Hill Rd., Marblehead, MA
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9:30am-1:30pm
- Andover/North Andover YMCA, 165 Haverhill St, Andover, MA
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:30pm-4:30pm
- Glen T. McLeod / Cape Ann YMCA, 7 Gloucester Crossing Rd, Gloucester, MA
- Mondays & Wednesdays, 9:30am-1:30pm
Neuro-Fit provides long-term fitness solutions to brain injury survivors looking to stay healthy and active throughout their recovery. Neuro-Fit Interns work alongside the Neuro-Fit staff to create and implement individualized exercise programs. Interns receive rigorous training and education on brain injury in the context of exercise and continuous recovery. This position is ideal for students looking to practice and perfect their patient interaction skills while learning useful strategies for graduate school and a future career in the healthcare field. Interns will be hands-on, working with participants of the program, demonstrating, and administering exercises from their routines. Interns will also complete periodic projects to supplement the learning objectives of the internship.
Download the full position description, including qualifications here.
If interested in an SLI Internship, please fill out the form below.
To apply for the internship, please send an updated resume and Summer or Fall 2023 weekly availability to Emily Willson, Neuro-Wellness Assistant Manager at email@example.com.